What sets our Bathrooms apart from many remodel Contractors?
- Thinsets : Our Thinsets are more than double the cost of standard thinsets; these thinsets contain polymers which allow for flexing due to both subfloor movement and expansion and contractions during seasons.
- Tile Underlayments: We offer more than the standard underlayments, such as concrete backerboards (Hardie backer, etc).
Many of our products such as Schluter's Ditra underlayment allow for expansion and flex in subfloor's that typically transfer to the tile and can crack the tile. Although these products cost a little more than standard Backer boards, we feel that it is worth the investment to ensure your Tile Floors will last for years to come throughout the movement of the seasons and the home.
- Waterproofing: Many contractors use tile backerboards for their shower walls alone. We not only use the Tile backerboards for our showers but also go the extra step of completely waterproofing the shower walls using Regard. Redgard is a liquid-applied membrane designed to prevent 100% of all moisture from reaching behind the backerboard creating moisture that can turn into unseen mold.
- Solid Flat Surfaces: We prefer to make all of our flat surfaces in wet areas from solid materials, such as granite or marble, to prevent water from penetrating grout joints with the possibility of water problems in the future. The shower curb top, inset niche's, and bench seat tops are the most common areas for water penetration resulting in leaks, mold and rot. We waterproof these areas and use solid surface stones to ensure that these area will never result in rotting structure, leaks into other areas of the home, and especially mold.
- Silicone's: Where many contractors use acrylic- siliconized grout caulks, we use 100% comercial grade Silicone which comes in a variety of colors which will match the grout colors you choose. Acrylic based grout caulks, commonly used by most tile contractors are water based and can fail under the constant contact with water and are prone to crack as the home expands and contracts during seasons and movement, our silicone's continue to flex with the movement of the structures as well as repel water 100% of the time.
- Current Materials: All of our materials and products are the newest, and best available. In bathroom renovation you really do get what you pay for. We prefer to spend our time and resources installing the best products, doing it right the first time, than returning because of a call back for a repair, and possibly losing a customer in the process. Because of this, we only install the best products available.
- We take the time to install our Tile and Underlayments properly. Many remodel contractors speed through tile installations by troweling the walls or floor and setting the tile on top dry. Although the majority of the time this will have no adverse results, occasionally this results in the tile not completely adhering to the thinset resulting in a tile popping up in the future. We make sure to spend the time back-buttering each tile as well as the notched wall or floor which guarantee's adhesion between tile and floor-wall.